PPC MANAGEMENT: PAY PER CLICK
WHAT’S PPC? HOW TO USE PAY PER CLICK FOR GAINS!
WHAT IS PPC?
PPC stands for pay-per-click, a model of internet marketing in which advertisers pay a fee each time one of their ads is clicked. Essentially, it’s a way of buying visits to your site, rather than attempting to “earn” those visits organically.
Search engine advertising is one of the most popular forms of PPC. It allows advertisers to bid for ad placement in a search engine’s sponsored links when someone searches on a keyword that is related to their business offering. For example, if we bid on the keyword “PPC software,” our ad might show up in the very top spot on the Google results page.
WHY DO I NEED PPC?
PPC Traffic has huge upsides and few downsides in regards to your company’s goals. Toughjobs Digital Marketing wants you to know upfront that PPC is only one tool in a marketer’s arsenal and the best marketing approach is one that covers all your angles.
Toughjobs has some RULES when implementing PPC campaigns.
- What is your purpose? Draw Attention or Sell Service/Item
- If selling services PPC is great for high ticket items. Reason being is that PPC is not cheap. Choosing keywords with high-traffic cost a lot, but using Long Tailed Keywords (LTK) can have a huge impact on your bottomline.
LTK are phrases that a potential client might search for in Google/Bing/Yahoo. For instance if one was searching for “San Diego Plastic Surgeon” you could attain new people clicking on your site for $2 to $6 per click. That may seem high but if you land 10% of those you will spend $500 and generate +$5000.
- LTK can mitigate costs by sacrifising on how often your add shows up (Impressions). Keeping with “Plastic Surgeon” you might be better served searching for your specialty: San Diego Rhinoplasty, Rhinoplasty Doctor Near Me, or Nose Doctor By Me. Those keyword phrases are not as popular, but why would you care if you get an 1 or 2 clients a month for $300 invested.
WHAT IS THE PROCESS FOR STARTING PPC?
1. Determine your goals
Do you want to increase sales, sign-ups, or inquiries? Be certain about your goals before you start or you risk wasting money on a campaign that doesn’t provide a clear-cut path to ROI.
2. Set a budget
Deciding how much you can afford to spend is a vital initial step. There is no minimum investment so you can test the market with a small campaign and increase the amount as you see fit.
3. Make a keyword list
PPC ad platforms such as Google AdWords or Bing Ads rely on the use of keywords. Choosing the right keywords for your business is critical to your success. Tools like Google AdWords Keyword Planner or Wordtracker can help.
4. Bid on keywords
PPC advertising works like auctions in that you bid on the chosen keywords. That can be an expensive proposition depending on the competition for the same terms. Keyword Planner and another tool, SEMRush, can give you insights into what competitors are paying, enabling you to adjust your bid.
5. Set up different keyword campaigns
If you use a mix of keywords for different products or services, divide them into separate campaigns, to make your targeting efforts more effective.
6. Write keyword-optimized headlines and ad copy
Prospective customers utilize keywords in their search for the types of products and services you sell, so don’t get too creative when writing headlines and body copy — opt for keywords instead. Next, focus on one or more distinct benefits and include a relevant call to action.
- $2,501 to $12,000 monthly PPC spend
- Up to 2,000 keywords in campaign
- $1,750 one-time setup fee
- Up to $2,500 monthly PPC spend
- Up to 400 keywords in campaign
- $1,000 one-time setup fee
- $12,000+ monthly PPC spend
- Up to 10,000 keywords in campaign
- $2,500 one-time setup fee
IS PPC GUARANTEED TO WORK?
“Pay Per Click” marketing is guaranteed to get customers to your site if your product is viable.
Toughjobs guarantees and promises to all of our customers that if we feel that a specific marketing approach is not sound you won’t be responsible for the initial setup fee. Toughjobs job is to influence your potential clients to purchase your product or service and if we aren’t able to do that you shouldn’t have to pay.
CHEAP PPC CAMPAIGNS?
PPC is “Cheap” if your PPC Experienced Professional knows what they are doing. PPC failures result specifically from poor understanding of markets, trends, and concepts.
Toughjobs PPC PROs spend hours analyzing your market from detailed reports collected by you and various online sources. With this knowledge we are able to construct a proper landing page which tackles the most effective Conversion Rate Optimization tactics so when a potential client does click on your display ad they will stay on the page because it is relevant and important for them to do so.
AVERAGE MONTHLY BUDGET FOR SEO
- 10% — less than $500
- 27% — $500-1,000
- 29% — $1,000-2,500
- 20% — $2,500-5,000
- 15% — $5,000-10,000
- (1000 MARKETING FIRMS)